Wednesday 1 April 2015

Stag

Stag
jessicarlo.blogspot.com - Photograph copyright and courtesy of Alex Davis


The one I saw on the bypass that night –
antlers like a winter oak
as it strode from the roadside –
came again in a dream; keeping
its distance as it does every time.

When I met it for real I kept mine:
a stalled presence
on a stretch without streetlights;
its silhouette held there
before it turned and left.

In the dream, though, I follow –
into fields and meadows
where it spots me, begins to trot,
picks up pace before bolting off.
What if I could get close enough,

look it in those cavernous eyes?
What else could I hope to find
but yours, as all you said
echoes in my mind,
its glare passing through me?



poem by Ben Wilkinson

from For Real (Smith|Doorstop Books, 2014)Stag Fawn and Stag redirect here. For other uses, see Fawn disambiguation and Stag disambiguation. Visit Stag Arms for all of your AR15 Rifle, Magazine, and Accessory needs. stag st 259 g n. The adult male of various deer, especially the red deer. An animal, especially a pig, castrated after reaching sexual maturity.

source : http://www.benwilkinson.org, http://solopos.com, http://fb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

All content at Trend & Fasions Blog was found freely distributed on the internet and is presented for informational purposes only.
Images / photos / videos found in this site reserved by its respective owners.
We does not upload or host any files.
Home | DMCA | Contact